Friday, May 13, 2016

Torta - The Burrito's First Cousin

One thing our site has been horrible about is torta appreciation awareness.  That is about to change...

The torta is a close relative of the burrito.  In fact, in spanish, torta means burrito sandwich.  While I haven't done my full research, I believe the torta, unlike the burrito which rich in Latin history, was invented somewhere in the Midwest in the late 90s.  Obviously it was targeted at overweight gringos, as it has a full burrito pile, but instead of placing on a low calorie flout tortilla, it is on toasted buttered bread which resembles Texas toast.  All I know is that 3 words come to mind when I think about a torta: De, lisch, and ous

For today's particular torta, I went to Las Asadas for the Carne asada torta.  I'd tell you about it but the pictures below really say everything I would want to say.

If only totra appreciation month had the same ring to it as burrito appreciation month....



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why are we not adding to this blog