Thursday, March 24, 2011

Time for March Burrito Warm-up

Last Monday, March 21, marked the first full day of spring. With the passing of the Vernal Equinox, we are reminded that Burrito Appreciation Month is quickly approaching.

As the northern latitudes awake from their winter coma, there are many tasks that must be undertaken to properly prepare ourselves for the sunlight, warmth, and longer days that are forthcoming. Spring cleaning, removing snow tires, tuning up outdoor equipment, and unpacking the golf clubs are all examples of how we make ourselves ready for the spring. While these tasks are very important, I ask you not to forget what is possibly the most important of all spring rituals, having the first Spring Burrito!

Today I had my first Spring Burrito at LaConia (45N Wells, Loop). The steak burrito squizo was wonderful; I, however, was not. My lack burrito shape can be currently witnessed in the form or a huge stain on my dress shirt. After a winter in hibernation, it is almost like I forgot how to eat a burrito. SHAME ON ME! I must now pay the price for my lack of shape by wearing this stain around work for the rest of the day. It's OK, though, I'll just call it my little "grease colored badge of courage".

Just like you probably wouldn't go to the beach without going to the gym at least once, don't go into burrito appreciation month without at least a few warm-up burritos. Personally, I wouldn't recommend going to the gym or the beach without first having a burrito either.

Until next time....

No comments: