Friday, April 22, 2011

Tacos, Toledo, Burritos, Doritos








After learning from the Burritophile that the Doritos Loco Taco was coming to Toledo, I did the only logical thing that I could. I took a short-term work assignment in Toledo so I could have an all expense paid trip to T-Town, which I now connect with tacos and taste. Unless you try, it is difficult to imagine a better place in the world than T-town in April. The way that the grey clouds hang over the rust belt is simply breath taking. The dreary, rainy weather set the only backdrop that I would accept for my tasting of the Doritos taco loco, which I believe is genius.

I have a bit of a spotted history with Taco Bell. If I was to compare it to a work of popular American literature, I would compare it to Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. The distinguished, upstanding individual, Dr. Jekyll, presents him self in the wonderful, hot food that is placed in front of you. The Evil Mr. Hyde rears his ugly face later, about an hour after t-bell has been in you digestive tract. I not saying that in general you should avoid Taco Bell, however, buyer beware and it is best to set aside a few hours after you eat t-bell if you decide to.

Now, back to the Doritos Taco Loco, it was wonderful. So good in fact, that I am taking a day off of blogging about burritos to blog about this taco. I will say that this is a promotional item; it is very possible that they put a lot more into this than their everyday fare. This was probably the most delightful experience that I have had at Taco Bell in a long time. The meat and vegetable tasted and looked almost real and fresh, and amazingly it was very light on the stomach. I had work to do later on in the evening, and t-bell did not prevent me from achieving my duties. I give this an 8.

I can’t wait to get back to T-Town next week so I can eat more Doritos Loco Tacos!!!

Until next time…..













4 comments:

Guy in Ireland said...

Fuck yeah!

Mason Leftwall said...

Thank god for this blog. Thank you, god. And thank you, burritos.

BurritoPhile said...

Tommy,
You will rue the day you went to Toledo without me. Rue, I say!

Lenny said...

Why did Subway stop cutting out part of the bread and now they just slice it?