Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Toledo Dorito Burrito

Friends,
After Tommy's thought provoking post about burrito-ism, I sequestered myself for a few days in the dark reaches of my mother's basement. The quiet, solitude, and rat droppings provided a perfect setting for some serious introspection. I was quite moved by Tommy's words. All my life I have been espousing the benefits of burritos but what had I really accomplished? I simply reviewed what others had created. I had never created anything myself. So I broke a window, crawled in quietly so as not to wake my step father, Doug, and considered the world and the place burritos had in it.

And then it hit me like Doug did when I wrecked the Chrysler Cordoba - Doritos! Well there was a lot more to it than that, but I won't bore you with the 16 hours of word associations I used to get to Doritos. Anyway, I thought, "Wow, a whole burrito tortilla made out of nacho cheese Doritos!".  I decided to create my own prototype. Unfortunately, Doug walked in on me as I was running the remaining Doritos through the food processor and I had to high tail it out of there.

Fast forward two weeks....I pick up my daily paper and what do I see. Taco Bell is testing a Nacho Cheese Dorito taco! How fortuitous! Now all I need to do is get to Toledo and see if they are on the right track. I hope Tommy does not get there before me. I'll never live it down.

Burritophile

No comments: